View Archived News Releases (From January 1 - June 30, 2013 )
News Flash Home
The original item was published from 2/19/2014 2:08:31 PM to 3/1/2016 12:05:06 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: February 19, 2014

[ARCHIVED] Clothes dryer causes small fire; occupants alerted by working smoke alarms

Clothes Dryer causes fire

Just after midnight at 12:05am on February 19th, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue was dispatched to a reported house fire at 2713 SW 199th Place in Beaverton. When the crew from Station 62 arrived on scene, they found moderate smoke coming from the two-story home. The crews quickly located the fire in a second-floor laundry room and extinguished the fire. TVF&R was assisted by Hillsboro Fire crews from Station 2 and Station 6 as well as TVF&R Volunteers.

A TVF&R Fire Investigator determined that the fire originated inside a clothes dryer. According to the homeowners, the dryer was approximately nine years old and was due to be replaced with a new unit that was expected to arrive this morning. Damage to the home was limited to the laundry room area. Damage estimate from the fire is approximately $25,000.

Thanks to working smoke alarms, the occupants in the home, including a dog and a cat, safely exited the structure. Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue would like to remind everyone to regularly check and test your smoke alarms to ensure they are functioning properly. For more information about smoke alarms, please visit:

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in TVF&R

Firefighter working at residential fire in Aloha

Aloha House Fire Claims One Life

Posted on: October 27, 2023
Put a Lid on Kitchen Fires - Firefighter slides lid over pan on stove

Cooking Safety Starts with YOU

Posted on: October 1, 2023
Volunteer Open House Flyer with photos of fire scene support and antique fire trucks

TVF&R is Recruiting Volunteers

Posted on: January 6, 2023

TVF&R is Prepared for Weekend Wind Event

Posted on: September 9, 2022

TVF&R Receives Superior Credit Rating

Posted on: February 15, 2022
Tuckerwood House Fire

Firefighters Battle House Fire in Beaverton

Posted on: September 16, 2021
Bureker Truck 56

TVF&R Promotes First Female Captain

Posted on: September 16, 2021

Fire Destroys Unoccupied Home in Beaverton

Posted on: September 7, 2021

TVF&R Receives COVID-19 Vaccines

Posted on: December 30, 2020
Preview of Safety First Newsletter Home Page

TVF&R Launches 'Safety First' Newsletter

Posted on: December 7, 2020
Burn Ban

High Fire Danger Burn Ban Lifted

Posted on: September 30, 2020

Notice of TVF&R Budget Hearing

Posted on: June 4, 2020
beaverton townhouse fire_65

Apartment Fire Displaces Eight

Posted on: April 17, 2020
Firefighters work to extinguish Tigard house fire

Person Found Dead in Tigard Home Fire

Posted on: March 24, 2020
COVID-19 image


Posted on: March 13, 2020
Crews complete hose drill with new training trailer

TVF&R Unveils New Training Trailer

Posted on: December 13, 2019
night rehab volunteers

TVF&R is Recruiting Volunteers

Posted on: November 26, 2019

Residential Fire in Tualatin

Posted on: November 2, 2019
Fourplex 1

Beaverton Fourplex Destroyed by Fire

Posted on: August 29, 2019

Beaverton Home Destroyed by Fire

Posted on: August 13, 2019

Firefighters Battle Aloha House Fire

Posted on: March 31, 2017