- About TVF&R
- How We Serve
- Philosophy & Strategic Plan
Philosophy & Strategic Plan
Safety & Performance
We value a culture of safety. Employee and volunteer safety shares top priority with getting the job done well. We will create safer communities by reducing the risk of emergencies through risk reduction and preparedness programs.
Despite our best efforts of prevention, when response is required, it will be effective and purposeful. Everyone is expected to perform their jobs at the highest level possible. We will seek innovations and external partnerships to increase efficiencies and maximize resources, and will serve as role models for implementing change in our industry.
Professionalism & Inclusion
We are accountable to the public we serve and will be good stewards of the finances and resources entrusted to us. We will conduct ourselves in a manner that brings credit to the organization and the fire service while both on and off duty. We put people first, treating our residents and coworkers with honesty, dignity, and respect. We work to create an environment of mutual respect, trust, and commitment where everyone can contribute to the District’s mission, based on their unique talents and backgrounds. When diverse opinions emerge, we are consensus builders who do what is best for our community and organization. In the same manner, we strive to maintain collaborative labor management relations.
Serving our community is a privilege. Whether it’s a true emergency or a situation where a citizen has simply exhausted their personal resources, we will seek opportunities for outreach to and exceed the expectations of our community. This also reflects the value we place on engagement with our co-workers and the service we provide to each other.
TVF&R is committed to creating safer communities through prevention, preparedness, and effective emergency response.
Developed jointly with the Board of Directors, the statements below comprise our shared vision for optimal safety in our community. We invite community members and partner governmental agencies to help us advance a community with the following attributes:
- Protection from fire, medical, and other emergencies is achieved through targeted, proactive risk-reduction strategies. When emergencies do happen, skilled personnel provide fast and effective response services.
- Education delivered to residents and businesses motivates their active role in emergency prevention, preparedness, and resilience measures. Our personnel take steps to ensure this in their own lives as well.
- Cooperative resource sharing and collaborative partnerships ensure a highly effective and efficient emergency response system.
- Full strategic plan document