Posted on: July 27, 2018
Accidental Brush Fire Caused by Tool Use
Just after noon, firefighters responded to a brush fire on SW Dahlke Lane near SW Tualatin Sherwood Road and SW Oregon Street in Sherwood.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze before it reached a stand of trees. A man working in the area explained that a grinding tool he’d been using created a spark which quickly ignited nearby grass.
With these extreme temperatures, everything – siding on homes, fences, decks, and vegetation – becomes superheated. When fires start, they spread more rapidly and cause more damage. This is a week in which extreme caution should be exercised to ensure fires don’t start in the first place.