News Flash module icon

View Archived News Releases (From January 1 - June 30, 2013 )

News Flash

TVF&R

Posted on: July 27, 2018

Accidental Brush Fire Caused by Tool Use

Just after noon, firefighters responded to a brush fire on SW Dahlke Lane near SW Tualatin Sherwood Road and SW Oregon Street in Sherwood.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze before it reached a stand of trees. A man working in the area explained that a grinding tool he’d been using created a spark which quickly ignited nearby grass.

With these extreme temperatures, everything – siding on homes, fences, decks, and vegetation – becomes superheated. When fires start, they spread more rapidly and cause more damage. This is a week in which extreme caution should be exercised to ensure fires don’t start in the first place.
Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in TVF&R

flameless_candle_4_thumb.jpg

Keep the Holidays Merry

Posted on: December 1, 2017

Spread Holiday Cheer for Children in Need

Posted on: November 16, 2017

Fire District Eclipse Preparations

Posted on: August 18, 2017

Firefighters Battle Aloha House Fire

Posted on: March 31, 2017
2016 Toy Drive.JPG

Spread Holiday Cheer for Children in Need

Posted on: November 17, 2016

Home Visits Enhance Patient Care

Posted on: November 8, 2016
IMG_4631.JPG

Newberg and TVF&R Join Forces

Posted on: July 1, 2016

Spread Holiday Cheer for Children in Need

Posted on: November 23, 2015

TVF&R Firefighters ‘Go Pink’

Posted on: October 8, 2015
New-Station-70.jpg

TVF&R Opens New Station 70 in Raleigh Hills

Posted on: September 30, 2015

TVF&R Welcomes Its Newest Recruits

Posted on: February 3, 2015
PROJ MISC BEAVERTON FORUM 2014 03 19 sm.jpg

Beaverton Community Vision Update

Posted on: March 17, 2014
PulsePoint App

Happy Birthday PulsePoint!

Posted on: January 29, 2014