View Archived News Releases (From January 1 - June 30, 2013 )

News Flash


Posted on: January 7, 2020

Family of Three Rescued From Apartment Fire in Newberg

Fire Response at River Street Apartment

Around 1:30 a.m. this morning, firefighters were dispatched to the report of a fire in an apartment unit in the 1000 block of S River Street in Newberg. Newberg-Dundee Police Department was also dispatched to the scene because a family of three claimed to be trapped inside and unable to evacuate out of their unit. 

Newberg-Dundee Police arrived within minutes and tried to enter through the front door to help evacuate the tenants but were faced with heavy smoke. They soon found the occupants of the unit getting ready to jump from a second story window around back. Officers then drove a patrol vehicle to the back of the apartment to use as a platform to be able to reach the residents who were trapped on the second floor. The three occupants were assisted safely to the ground by the officers.

Firefighters arrived moments later and performed a search of the apartment unit to ensure all occupants had evacuated. They were able to extinguish the interior fire within ten minutes, preventing it from spreading to any adjacent units.

The tenants were not injured as a result of the fire or jumping but will be displaced, due to fire and smoke damage in their apartment unit. Red Cross will be assisting with temporary housing and other essential needs.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental and due to a baseboard heater that ignited a Christmas tree. 

TVF&R would like to remind everyone to make sure there are no combustibles within at least three feet of any home heating devices. More information can be found at 

In addition to Newberg-Dundee Police Department, Dundee Fire & Rescue was also on scene assisting with firefighting efforts.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in TVF&R


Midnight Apartment Fire with a Rescue

Posted on: February 10, 2024

TVF&R Has Returned to Normal Operations

Posted on: January 19, 2024
Firefighter working at residential fire in Aloha

Aloha House Fire Claims One Life

Posted on: October 27, 2023
Put a Lid on Kitchen Fires - Firefighter slides lid over pan on stove

Cooking Safety Starts with YOU

Posted on: October 1, 2023
Volunteer Open House Flyer with photos of fire scene support and antique fire trucks

TVF&R is Recruiting Volunteers

Posted on: January 6, 2023

TVF&R is Prepared for Weekend Wind Event

Posted on: September 9, 2022

TVF&R Receives Superior Credit Rating

Posted on: February 15, 2022
Tuckerwood House Fire

Firefighters Battle House Fire in Beaverton

Posted on: September 16, 2021
Bureker Truck 56

TVF&R Promotes First Female Captain

Posted on: September 16, 2021

Fire Destroys Unoccupied Home in Beaverton

Posted on: September 7, 2021

TVF&R Receives COVID-19 Vaccines

Posted on: December 30, 2020
Preview of Safety First Newsletter Home Page

TVF&R Launches 'Safety First' Newsletter

Posted on: December 7, 2020
Burn Ban

High Fire Danger Burn Ban Lifted

Posted on: September 30, 2020

Notice of TVF&R Budget Hearing

Posted on: June 4, 2020
beaverton townhouse fire_65

Apartment Fire Displaces Eight

Posted on: April 17, 2020
Firefighters work to extinguish Tigard house fire

Person Found Dead in Tigard Home Fire

Posted on: March 24, 2020
COVID-19 image


Posted on: March 13, 2020
Crews complete hose drill with new training trailer

TVF&R Unveils New Training Trailer

Posted on: December 13, 2019
night rehab volunteers

TVF&R is Recruiting Volunteers

Posted on: November 26, 2019

Residential Fire in Tualatin

Posted on: November 2, 2019
Fourplex 1

Beaverton Fourplex Destroyed by Fire

Posted on: August 29, 2019

Beaverton Home Destroyed by Fire

Posted on: August 13, 2019

Firefighters Battle Aloha House Fire

Posted on: March 31, 2017