Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is seeking to fill one vacancy on its Civil Service Commission.
The five-member commission oversees TVF&R’s civil service system to ensure uniform standards in hiring, promotion, and tenure for employees. The commission meets quarterly to address a variety of matters, including oversight of actions related to employee classification, examinations, eligibility list management, appointments, and appeals.
An ideal volunteer candidate will have the following attributes:
- An understanding of and commitment to the general purposes of the District’s civil service rules, including providing equal opportunity to qualified persons in all aspects of employment in civil service positions and increasing effectiveness and efficiency in the administration of personnel processes.
- Ability to make high-quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- Is comfortable dealing with concepts and complexity.
- A broad perspective for viewing a situation.
- Ability to make a commitment to a four-year term as an unpaid volunteer, with attendance at quarterly evening meetings in Tigard and special meetings as needed.
For more information about this volunteer opportunity and a link to apply, click on the link below. Applications are due by February 20. Interviews for selected candidates will be scheduled for February 27 or March 2. A commissioner orientation will be held in late March or early April with the first commission meeting set for April 11 at 3 p.m.