View Archived News Releases (From January 1 - June 30, 2013 )
News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/15/2021 4:44:00 PM to 11/15/2021 5:02:31 PM.

News Flash


Posted on: November 15, 2021

[ARCHIVED] Firefighters Battle Garage Fire and Rescue Two Cats

Lee Street House Fire

At 1 p.m. today, firefighters from Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue (TVF&R) and Lake Oswego Fire Department were dispatched to a house fire in the 5k block of SW Lee Street in Tualatin. After 911 dispatchers received multiple calls about the fire, the incident was immediately upgraded to a first alarm to ensure adequate resources were sent to the scene.

First incoming crews from TVF&R’s Tualatin fire station arrived to find heavy fire and dark grey smoke coming from the garage and began aggressive fire attack measures. Additional crews quickly searched the home to confirm all occupants had evacuated and to locate two cats who were reportedly still inside. Firefighters determined the occupants had safely evacuated and found the two cats, who were unharmed, and moved them to a safe location. 

The fire was extinguished minutes after firefighters arrived, limiting the majority of the damage to the garage with minor extension into the living space above the garage. 

Unfortunately, the house is not habitable due to damage the fire caused to the utilities feeding the house. Two adults and two pet cats are displaced because of the fire. Their homeowners insurance has arranged temporary housing and will ensure they receive any other essential needs. 

A TVF&R fire investigator has determined that the fire originated within the vehicle in the garage. The fire investigator and investigators from the insurance company are currently on scene to determine the source that ignited the fire. 

TVF&R was assisted today by Washington County Consolidated Communications Agency (911 dispatch), Lake Oswego Fire Department, Tualatin Police Department, Metro West Ambulance, Portland General Electric and NW Natural Gas.  

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in TVF&R

Firefighter working at residential fire in Aloha

Aloha House Fire Claims One Life

Posted on: October 27, 2023
Put a Lid on Kitchen Fires - Firefighter slides lid over pan on stove

Cooking Safety Starts with YOU

Posted on: October 1, 2023
Volunteer Open House Flyer with photos of fire scene support and antique fire trucks

TVF&R is Recruiting Volunteers

Posted on: January 6, 2023

TVF&R is Prepared for Weekend Wind Event

Posted on: September 9, 2022

TVF&R Receives Superior Credit Rating

Posted on: February 15, 2022
Tuckerwood House Fire

Firefighters Battle House Fire in Beaverton

Posted on: September 16, 2021
Bureker Truck 56

TVF&R Promotes First Female Captain

Posted on: September 16, 2021

Fire Destroys Unoccupied Home in Beaverton

Posted on: September 7, 2021

TVF&R Receives COVID-19 Vaccines

Posted on: December 30, 2020
Preview of Safety First Newsletter Home Page

TVF&R Launches 'Safety First' Newsletter

Posted on: December 7, 2020
Burn Ban

High Fire Danger Burn Ban Lifted

Posted on: September 30, 2020

Notice of TVF&R Budget Hearing

Posted on: June 4, 2020
beaverton townhouse fire_65

Apartment Fire Displaces Eight

Posted on: April 17, 2020
Firefighters work to extinguish Tigard house fire

Person Found Dead in Tigard Home Fire

Posted on: March 24, 2020
COVID-19 image


Posted on: March 13, 2020
Crews complete hose drill with new training trailer

TVF&R Unveils New Training Trailer

Posted on: December 13, 2019
night rehab volunteers

TVF&R is Recruiting Volunteers

Posted on: November 26, 2019

Residential Fire in Tualatin

Posted on: November 2, 2019
Fourplex 1

Beaverton Fourplex Destroyed by Fire

Posted on: August 29, 2019

Beaverton Home Destroyed by Fire

Posted on: August 13, 2019

Firefighters Battle Aloha House Fire

Posted on: March 31, 2017