At approximately 6:00pm this evening, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue was dispatched on a reported residential fire at 5175 SW Greenwood Circle in Tualatin, OR. It was reported that the homeowner attempted to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher but was unsuccessful. Upon arrival, the first unit was advised that all residents were safely outside of the home. Within minutes, the crew made entry and quickly knocked down the fire. The crews performed a search and confirmed all residents were in fact safely out. The homeowner encountered some smoke while attempting to put out the fire but declined medical treatment.
A TVF&R Fire Investigator determined that the fire originated from an unattended candle burning in a bedroom. Much of the damaged related to the fire was contained to the affected bedroom.
TVF&R would like to remind everyone to keep all candles a safe distance away from flammable materials such as curtains, drapes, and clothing while in use and never leave a burning candle unattended. Please visit our website at www.tvfr.com for more tips to keep your home safe.
# # #