Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is seeking a few good men and women who are willing to donate their time and serve their community as volunteers.
This exciting opportunity gives members of the general public a chance to be part of their fire district's mission to create safer communities.
TVF&R offers three volunteer opportunities:
• Volunteer Firefighter: These volunteers are trained to respond to emergencies. They have to complete a Volunteer Fire Academy, attain an EMT-Basic certification and attend weekly drills. They also assist with public education and support community activities.
• Incident Support Volunteer: These volunteers bring rehabilitation units to major incidents to provide TVF&R firefighters with assistance with breathing apparatus, medical monitoring and other support. They also participate in public education, attend community activities and attend monthly drills.
• Auxiliary Volunteer: These volunteers play an active role in TVF&R’s public education program and attend community events. Auxiliary volunteers are non-emergency response volunteers. They may work once or twice a week or even a few times each year, depending on their area of interest and commitment. They can also help restore and maintain TVF&R’s fleet of antique apparatus.
All volunteers must be 18 years old, be a high school graduate or have an equivalent certificate, pass a criminal background check and live within TVF&R's service area.
Want to learn more? TVF&R is holding three Volunteer Interest Open Houses from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.:
• Tuesday, October 25, at Station 17, 31370 NW Commercial St. in North Plains.
• Tuesday, November 1, at Station 20, 414 E Second St. in Newberg.
• Tuesday, December 13, at Station 50, 12617 SW Walnut St. in Tigard.
Applications will be accepted through December 16. For more information about TVF&R's volunteer program or to apply to become a volunteer, click on the link below.