View Archived News Releases (From January 1 - June 30, 2013 )
News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/11/2015 11:28:52 PM to 6/16/2017 12:05:03 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: June 11, 2015

[ARCHIVED] Firefighters Extinguish Brush Fire in Sherwood

IMG_3587 small.jpg

At 9:05 p.m., a caller reported to 9-1-1 that a group of people were out enjoying a bonfire in the green space behind 18000 SW Harrison St. in Sherwood, when the fire grew out of control and quickly spread to nearby brush and trees.

Upon arrival, Sherwood Station 33 firefighters encountered a brush fire involving an area about 75 feet by 40 feet. Firefighters began attacking the fire from the perimeter and achieved knock down on the fire within 10 minutes of arrival. Crews then began methodically checking the area for hot spots, aided by a thermal imaging camera. A nearby structure was not impacted by the fire and there were no reported injuries.

This fire is the second brush fire in several days that TVF&R firefighters have responded to. On Tuesday, June 9, Somerset Station 64 firefighters were called to the area of NW 195th Ave. and NW Phillips Rd. in Hillsboro for a wildland fire response after two burn piles reignited and fire spread to nearby brush and trees. Firefighters shuttled water to the site and extinguished the fire, which was burning in challenging terrain.

During what is predicted to be a very dry, active fire season, TVF&R urges citizens to take precautions to make sure that outdoor burning is done properly and safely.

* Visit for information and rules on outdoor burning.
* Closely supervise all outdoor fires and make sure any fire is fully extinguished before leaving it unattended.
* Avoid open burning on windy, dry days.
* When burning, have a hose, bucket of water, and/or shovel and dirt nearby to extinguish the fire.
* If a fire gets out of control, call 9-1-1 immediately and wait in a safe place for the arrival of firefighters.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in TVF&R

Firefighter working at residential fire in Aloha

Aloha House Fire Claims One Life

Posted on: October 27, 2023
Put a Lid on Kitchen Fires - Firefighter slides lid over pan on stove

Cooking Safety Starts with YOU

Posted on: October 1, 2023
Volunteer Open House Flyer with photos of fire scene support and antique fire trucks

TVF&R is Recruiting Volunteers

Posted on: January 6, 2023

TVF&R is Prepared for Weekend Wind Event

Posted on: September 9, 2022

TVF&R Receives Superior Credit Rating

Posted on: February 15, 2022
Tuckerwood House Fire

Firefighters Battle House Fire in Beaverton

Posted on: September 16, 2021
Bureker Truck 56

TVF&R Promotes First Female Captain

Posted on: September 16, 2021

Fire Destroys Unoccupied Home in Beaverton

Posted on: September 7, 2021

TVF&R Receives COVID-19 Vaccines

Posted on: December 30, 2020
Preview of Safety First Newsletter Home Page

TVF&R Launches 'Safety First' Newsletter

Posted on: December 7, 2020
Burn Ban

High Fire Danger Burn Ban Lifted

Posted on: September 30, 2020

Notice of TVF&R Budget Hearing

Posted on: June 4, 2020
beaverton townhouse fire_65

Apartment Fire Displaces Eight

Posted on: April 17, 2020
Firefighters work to extinguish Tigard house fire

Person Found Dead in Tigard Home Fire

Posted on: March 24, 2020
COVID-19 image


Posted on: March 13, 2020
Crews complete hose drill with new training trailer

TVF&R Unveils New Training Trailer

Posted on: December 13, 2019
night rehab volunteers

TVF&R is Recruiting Volunteers

Posted on: November 26, 2019

Residential Fire in Tualatin

Posted on: November 2, 2019
Fourplex 1

Beaverton Fourplex Destroyed by Fire

Posted on: August 29, 2019

Beaverton Home Destroyed by Fire

Posted on: August 13, 2019

Firefighters Battle Aloha House Fire

Posted on: March 31, 2017