A grease fire produced heavy black smoke and flames prompting calls to 911 at 8:45am this morning. As the first crew from Station 34 arrived to Pacific Natural Foods at 9955 SW Potano Street in Tualatin, employees were evacuating the building. Crews found heavy smoke inside the large commercial structure and upgraded the incident to a first alarm to bring in additional resources. Firefighters had the fire knocked down quickly then thoroughly checked for any extension to the rest of the facility. Additional firefighters placed equipment to ventilate smoke from the building. No injuries were reported and no other structures were threatened. The fire was contained to a large commercial oven.
A TVF&R fire investigator determined that a grease fire originated in a commercial oven at the facility. A damage estimate is not available at this time.