On Saturday at 7:02pm TVF&R Firefighters were dispatched to a report of a house fire on NW Adrian Street in Rock Creek. On arrival crews found black smoke and fire coming from some roof vents of the home. Firefighters began work to attack the fire, while additional crews conducted a search of the house. After initiating fire attack, crews discovered most of the flames had traveled through space in the garage wall and into the attic, where it spread. The bulk of the fire was knocked down in approximately 25 minutes and no injuries were reported.
A TVF&R Fire Investigator later learned the owners were installing a television mounting bracket and had accidentally drilled through the wall and into the back side of the home's electrical panel. An electrical breaker was hit with the drill bit which caused a short and ignited combustibles within the wall. From there, the fire traveled quickly up into the attic.
Four adults, two children and a dog were displaced by the fire and are being assisted by Red Cross.
Hillsboro Fire & Rescue also assisted on the call.