TVF&R uses permits as written authorizations for a project or event. They work to ensure safety by allowing our code officials to review for potential unsafe or hazardous situations, which could put our firefighters and your health, safety, and welfare at risk.
Our Universal Permit covers the following items:
- Land Use/Building Review
- Emergency Responder Radio Coverage Installation/Test
- LPG Tank(s) - Greater than 2,000 gallons
- Flammable or Combustible Liquid Tank Installation - Greater than 1,000 gallons
- Explosives & Blasting (Application Notes)
- Exterior Toxic, Pyrophoric, or Corrosive Gas Installation - In excess of 810 cu. ft.
- Tents or Temporary Membrane Structures - In excess of 10,000 sq. ft. (Regulations PDF)
- Temporary Haunted Houses (or similar)
- OLCC Cannabis Extraction License Review
- Ceremonial Fire or Bonfire
Flame Effect Permit
The Flame Effect Permit is designed for the use of Group 1 Flame effect devices being used in performances and public places. These devices can include:
- Hand-held Burning Torches
- Burning Batons
- Fire Rings
- Fire Poi
- Fire Spinning
- Matches, Lighters, Candles
- Any other effect that imparts the illusion of danger to a performer
Commercial Fireworks Sales
For sales of fireworks or use of commercial or agricultural fireworks, a permit from the Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) is required. For more information, visit their website, provided below, or call them directly at 503-934-8274.