Fire Marshal's Office
TVF&R’s Fire Marshal’s Office and our regional Operating Centers oversee the enforcement of fire codes, new construction review, fire investigations, and public education activities designed to reduce hazard and risks throughout the community.
Code Enforcement, Inspections and Complaints
- Fire Inspectors and Deputy Fire Marshals inspect thousands of buildings and properties each year.
- To learn more about what they look for and how you can prepare for an inspection, see our Pre-Inspection Flyer (PDF)
- TVF&R requires permits (PDF) for tents, canopies, temporary haunted houses, ceremonial fires, blasting with explosives, LPG tank installations, flammable or combustible liquid tank installations and flame effects used with audiences.
- The sale of fireworks or use of commercial or agricultural fireworks requires a permit (PDF) from the Oregon State Fire Marshal. For more information contact 503-378-3473.
- To report a fire hazard, contact us at 503-649-8577.
New Construction & Development Plan Review
- TVF&R works in conjunction with the local jurisdictions we serve to review new construction projects for compliance with fire and life safety requirements.
- For guidance on new construction requirements, see our Fire Department Access & Water Supply Guideline.
- For questions about new construction requirements, please contact us 503-649-8577.
Private Hydrant Testing
- Inspection, Testing and Maintenance shall be performed by a qualified person.
- Any correction or repair shall be performed by a qualified maintenance person or contractor.
- Access the Private Hydrant Testing Form (PDF)
Resources & Forms
TVF&R / Oregon Fire Code
- Oregon Codes
- NFPA Standards
- Mobile Emergency Responder Radio Coverage (MERRC) Q & A (PDF)
- Mobile Emergency Responder Radio Coverage (MERRC) Application
- Emergency Evacuation Drill Record (PDF)
- Fire Code Permit Application (PDF)
- Flame Effect Permit (PDF)
- Pre-inspection Flyer (PDF)
- Fire Watch Agreement and Log (PDF)
- Fire Code Commercial Applications Guide (PDF) (includes multi-family)
- Fire Code Residential Application Guide (PDF)
- Traffic Calming Measures (PDF)
- Service provider letter for Beaverton & North Plains
Fireworks & Explosives
- Fireworks Tip Sheet (PDF)
- Fireworks and Explosives Permit Application (PDF)
- Blasting Handout (PDF)
- OSFM Explosives Information
- OSFM Fireworks Information
Tent & Canopy
Fire & Arson Investigation
- TVF&R investigates every fire that occurs within our District. By understanding what causes fires, we learn how to better prevent them and assist in prosecution of those who threaten our community by intentionally setting fires. Access more information about investigations.
- To obtain a copy of a specific fire report, contact us 503-649-8577
- Often the key to preventing fires and other emergency incidents is to provide education and change risky behaviors.
- TVF&R has an extensive public education program. To learn more, view our Safety & Education webpages.