Just before 10a.m. on March 25, firefighters from TVF&R and Hillsboro Fire & Rescue responded to reports of a mobile home on fire in the 5800 block of NE Jacobson Street in Washington County. When they arrived, there were two mobile homes and a carport burning. Fortunately, all the occupants had safely evacuated, and no one was injured.
The two mobile homes and a vehicle were destroyed by the fire. Seven people and two pets were displaced. The fire started from the improper disposal of fireplace ashes that had been placed in a recycling bin days two days prior that ignited a nearby structure and quickly spread.