Prevent - Prepare - Respond
Every day we stand ready to serve the emergency needs of our community, this often includes adaptation to overcome challenges. Our preparation for the upcoming eclipse includes additional strategies, but our goal to provide the best possible service remains the same.
Our fire district has taken the following steps to maintain response readiness within our service area and if required, to serve regional partners:
We are ready, but you also have a part to play in helping out firefighters. Always remember to pull to the right for first responders. "Pull to the right, for sirens and lights." This will ensure that firefighters can get to an emergency quickly and safely.
- Additional apparatus and firefighters have been added to our response system.
- Fuel caches at stations and locations throughout our district have been checked and filled.
- Drills slated to take place through Tuesday have been rescheduled.
- Crews have received additional training on eye injuries.
- District officials are prepared for potential mutual aid requests or conflagrations related to regional wildland fires.
Have a fun and safe experience.