Posted on: March 28, 2017
Rapid Response Limits Fire Damage in Newberg Home
Shortly after 5 p.m. today, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue firefighters were dispatched to a residential house fire, located off Marquerite Way in Newberg. The resident of the home had called 911 to report the smell of smoke after the power had unexpectedly turned off in the house. After proceeding to the garage, the resident found flames coming from the house’s electrical panel.
Firefighters from nearby Newberg fire stations quickly arrived on scene and made entrance into the garage. They immediately contained the fire that started to spread beyond the panel, preventing further extension into the wall and attic space. PGE was on scene shortly after the crew’s arrival and terminated power to the home, allowing firefighters to complete extinguishment of the fire in the electrical panel.
One resident was living in the home and evacuated safely with no injuries. Since the home no longer has power due to an inoperable electrical panel, the resident will be temporarily displaced. The American Red Cross will assist with temporary housing and other essential needs.