Posted on: July 28, 2016
Family Displaced by Early Morning Fire in Bethany
A family of seven is displaced because of a fire in the 16000 block of Trakehner Way in Bethany. Just after 5a.m. this morning, callers to 9-1-1 reported the exterior of two homes burning. TVF&R firefighters arrived within four minutes and quickly knocked down the majority of the flames affecting the outside of both homes, but worked for another forty minutes to extinguish fire that had spread into the attic and interior walls of one home while searching to verify that all occupants had safely evacuated. No one was injured.
The fire affected the natural gas meter of one home, which initially fed the flames. Crews from NW Natural are still at the scene working to secure the natural gas line and meter. As soon as the scene is safe, investigators will dig out portions of burned debris to determine where and how the fire started. Based on burn patters and witness interviews, investigators have confirmed that the fire started on the outside of one home and radiant heat and flames ignited the neighboring home. Damage was limited to the outer wall of the neighboring home, which wasn’t occupied at the time of the fire.
If your home was on fire, would you and your family know how to safely escape? Learn how to make a plan and designate a meeting place at www.tvfr.com.