At 4:05p.m. on November, 28, callers to 9-1-1 reported a garage structure on fire at the Sir Charles Place Apartments at 2402 NW Schmidt Way. Firefighters from TVF&R Station 64 saw a plume of smoke just before they arrived and began to attack the fire. As a result of their quick action, the fire was contained to the garages and there were no injuries.
A TVF&R fire investigator and a Washington County Sherriff’s deputy have conducted witness interviews and examined the scene. The fire started in recycling bins which were stored in an enclosed garage adjacent eight other garages. Five garage structures and contents sustained damaged from the fire. No vehicles were parked inside.