A TVF&R fire investigator has determined that this fire originated in a second-floor workshop, and the cause is electrical in nature. No damage estimate is available at this time.
First-arriving firefighters began to attack the fire from inside and outside the building. They also searched to confirm that all the building’s occupants were safely evacuated. As fire conditions worsened, firefighters exited the building and continued to spray water from hose lines and an aerial stream. For more than an hour, firefighters worked to remove siding and extinguish hot spots in hard to reach void spaces to prevent the fire from rekindling.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire. An investigator remains on scene and will evaluate burn patterns and material evidence to determine where and how the fire started. The building housed four businesses including the bike shop that sustained the most damage. All businesses will like remain closed for some time due to water, fire and smoke damage. The building was insured, but did not contain a fire sprinkler system. When a fire sprinkler system is present, the likelihood of injuries and costly damage is dramatically reduced.